Stuck in 3rd responses

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck in 3rd responses
From: Matthew P Bouchelle <mbouchel@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:04:20 -0500
Thanks to all who responded concerning the transmission shifter.

Chances are high that the problem in exclusively in the shifter.  With
200,000+ miles on a well worn Tiger, I assume we should get it working
and then think about rebuild/replacing it.  My 'basket case' Tiger that
has been parked since 73 has a tighter shifting transmission than Scott's
driven Tiger so I'm pretty sure we are on the right track.  Too bad
Christmas falls on a Saturday... darn so does New Years...

This particular car is destined to be 'concours' (we may be very old by
the time this happens) but I am wondering if the Tiger shifter was unique
to the Tiger or was it a Ford or what?  In other words, other than
rebuilding this one or buying an aftermarket unit like a Hurst, is there
another vehicle (Mustang) that would have this shifter?

Thanks again,
Matt
B9472103 in pieces in the garage and attic

Why pay more to get Web access?