Re: inquiry 010600a

To: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net, alcon@home.com
Subject: Re: inquiry 010600a
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:46:17 EST
In a message dated 01/06/2000 5:27:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cvaught@hawaii.rr.com writes:

<< i have one of these tops that came with my tiger. it is a poor fit. on top
 of that it would cost me over $500 to replace the plexiglass and weather
 stripping. just thought i would let you know.
 chris >>

Kind of off the subject, but I can't understand some Tiger owners "need" to
have a hardtop. While the factory piece is a nice accessory with good styling
which complements the car, the aftermarket pieces are hideous looking, IMHO.
Besides, what good is a hardtop? Most owners don't use their cars for
commuting or other daily use in inclement weather. And if you do take off on
a blustery day for a ride, what do you do with a hardtop when the sun comes
shining through? I guess the only application for a hardtop would be for
those in places like Texas who install A/C (more weight on the front end,
what a novel idea) and need to keep that refrigerated air inside...I just
don't get it.
Keeping the top down and poking fun in Alamo, CA
Mike