RE: Pictures

To: "'BlueGolfer@aol.com'" <BlueGolfer@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Pictures
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:22:53 -0700
Rob, and Listers,
It shows up in the background of the title shot as well, but not very
clearly. It's a SV Alpine shell that I bought a few years before getting the
Tiger. The PO had stripped and dipped the body, done some very basic filling
of dings, and then started a Chev 3.8L V6 conversion on it. Finally he
figured out that wouldn't fit (after cutting the firewall and part of the
rad support), began a Capri V6 conversion, and then ran into domestic
troubles, and had to get rid of everything. I picked up the shell and a
pretty much complete set of parts (some good, some not so good), with the
intention of finishing it as a V8 conversion. The PO donated enough extra
sheetmetal to fix up the parts he'd cut out, so I could go back to an
original setup if I wanted to also.

Anyway, time went by, and eventually I decided it was more worthwhile to get
a Tiger in running condition, and then hooked up with '2705. The Alpine
parts stash has been very useful for fixing up some of the little things
that weren't there or working on my Tiger, Tim Ronak's as well, and probably
Jim Foster's Alger project too.
Meanwhile the shell is parked against the garage wall, on some wood blocks
to keep it off the floor. It's still mostly bare metal, but the Alberta air
is dry, and it has little more than surface oxidation. It'll come in handy
for test fitting hard fuel lines, suspension pieces, etc., and it may be a
project car someday.

Regards,
Theo Smit