Platinum??

To: "Tigers (E-mail)" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Platinum??
From: "BRENNAN,STUART (A-Andover,ex1)" <stuart_brennan@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:45:00 -0700
A friend of mine, who really should know better,  is going bananas over this
add on system that supposedly injects some sort of platinum chloride vapor
into your engine, increasing mileage, reducing pollution, etc.

See his article at:
http://www.elecdesign.com/mainfram.htm?content=Pages/sitepage/extras/columns
.htm

Called the " Platinum Gasaver",  it's sold by National Fuelsaver Corp., 227
California St., Newton, MA 02158, for about $99.  I think he was trying to
get me to try it on the Tiger, but it takes me several years to BUY $100
worth of gas for the Tiger, never mind save that much.  Besides, it doesn't
even LOOK like a LAT option,  or anything that's period correct. ( I'm still
at it, Al).

Supposedly it works better on older, pre-fuel injection and pre-computer
cars.

It sounds like snake oil to me, but has anyone else heard of this, or have
any info, good or bad?

Stu