Re: More TAC

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More TAC
From: PLRRESTO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:36:46 EST
All.

Take off for a few days, come back, log on, and WOW. A TAC discussion and a
lot of folks wanting their Tigers authenticated.

OK, Great!  As TAC Chairman and a Senior inspector, I am willing to go
anywhere to inspect Tigers in order to further the program.

But keep in mind there are a few problems;

1) Three inspectors are currently required to perform an inspection. This
means I have to bring two inspectors with me or else I have to train a few
locals before hand, and they then have to take and pass an examination. The
latter is preferable as this allows us to do the same area again in the
future by sending only one person.

2) With my current financial state I am unable to afford long trips around
the country. About a year and a half ago, Lance Hoboy of Silver Springs,
Maryland  kindly donated his airline miles to get me to and from Washington,
DC. A great trip, which added quite a number of new inspectors and enabled
Tom Hall to add about 12 new cars to the list with the assistance of TE/AE's
own club members. I thought I saw someone make the same offer, and yes, I'll
take them up on it.

3) To make this worth while, the organizers of these "TAC events" should try
to get at least 10 cars.

I'm thinking of late spring for a good turnout. Feedback welcome.

Paul