Fusible Link

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fusible Link
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:45:12 -0800
Listers,

I happened on this Website that offers a cure for those flammable plastic
pachyderms, but sounds like a good idea for those of us with LBCs as well.
It's call a fusible link and is just a high amperage fuse in the form of a
wire that you insert into the primary electrical circuit. I sometimes worry
about that long, thirty-five year old "snake" that runs from the battery to
the starter relay. I have a kill switch installed close to the battery -
you know, the kind that has a big red key - that's there to meet SCCA
safety specs. But it also serves as an anti-theft and fire safety device as
well. I don't generally turn it off when I have the car parked in my own
garage though, but maybe I'll try and make it a habit. But a fusible link
to the rest of the electrical system sounds like a swell idea. I've heard
horror stories about Sunbeam dashes going up in smoke and it's clear the
too-few-fuse stock system leaves a lot to be desired.

Here's the URL. (note the obsession with originality!)

http://www.restoration-station.com/elect-safety.htm

Have a nice day guys,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer