Oil leaking from Headlight

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil leaking from Headlight
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 19:00:00 -0500
Folks,
        "Oil leaking from Headlight" represents the last thing
one would expect to be the cause of the trouble.
        My problem, since I put the C4 transmission in the
351C Tiger has been poor acceleration, shifts way too soon and
backfiring when I floored it.  I have a 650 double pumper carb
that seemed to work just fine with the original 4 speed.
        Too make a long story short, the shifting was solved by
connecting to ported vacuum instead of manifold vacuum.
The back firing was solved by disconnecting the  power brake
unit. The Mustang power brake unit was mounted in the trunk
and the check valve is on the unit. Apparently there was enough
vacuum accumulated in the hose from the motor to the trunk to cause
a lean condition when I suddenly open the throttles.
        This condition could affect normal Tigers if the
check valve in the vacuum line going to the power brake
booster is faulty.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others