Re: Information

To: tym@mediaone.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Information
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 21:21:10 EST
In a message dated 01/23/2000 5:03:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tym@mediaone.net writes:

<< 1)    What are the best kinds of shocks to use and where can I get them?

 2)    What about springs.  Where do get new ones?

1. I use the single adjustable Konis and am pretty pleased with them. I don't
know if Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties still stocks them. Also, I have heard good
things about the Carreras which you can get from Dale A. Don't know if they
are double adjustable, which would be a plus. I run Carreras on my Formula
Vee and they are outstanding. If you aren't as worried about ultimate
performance, there are any number of vendors to check out.
2. Springs are available from Rick, CAT and Dale. How stiff you go on the
front springs is going to depend on what you want to use the car
for...anywhere from 300# to 600# seems to be the range, all of which are
stiffer than stock. Weigh the spring rate against what size sway bar you run.
Most believe to get the springs where you want them and then tune with the
sway bar. The best would be an adjustable front bar, but I'm not sure if they
are available. Rear springs can be bought from CAT, but I personally like
stock springs with a second primary leaf, arced to the correct ride height
for your application. Not too scientific, but my Tiger hooks up real well
with that set up.
Mike