Re: ALPINE V8

To: hamilton123@home.com
Subject: Re: ALPINE V8
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:30:08 EST
Dear Listers:

Enough already.  Tiger for the North American and home market (England) had
Tigers scripts and depending on what year badges that rear Powered by Ford
260, Sunbeam 260 or Sunbeam V8.

The Alpine 260 was for the European market, I believe someone on the list
already made this point.  The Euro Tigers as well I believe the South African
ones did have Alpine Script and the motif badges were Alpine 260.

What you now have on your Tiger has nothing to do with what the car had 30
years ago.  Check out Norm Millers book, he explains this whole discussion.

Best regards,
Curt
Classic Sunbeam