inquiry 012400a

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012400a
From: Bruce McGuire <cv_bruce@mail.pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:50:17 -0800
Hey guys,
If you run a rubber band through front of the thermostat and out the
housing,
a pencil can be placed through the extended loops.
Simplicity itself !

Bruce McGuire

>2) Any suggestions for keeping the thermostat
>in the correct position when I try to mount the
>neck back onto the manifold?  It keeps slipping
>out of it's little groove every time I try to mount it.

        The last time I had my 'stat out I spent a couple of _hours_
fighting the same problem, and only after I had it together again did
the
obvious solution occur to me. If you remove the radiator hose from the
neck,
you can reach in through the hole and _hold_ the 'stat in place on the
neck
while installing it, either with your fingers if they're long & skinny
like
mine, or with some needle-nose pliers, or a stiff length of wire with a
hook
in one end. Perhaps the next Griot's Garage catalog will feature an
Austrian-made "Thermostat retaining clip, as used by all major Formula
One
teams" for $69.95 or so.

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"