RE: Oil Line

To: "'Larry Paulick'" <larry.p@erols.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Line
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:28:04 -0700
When my copper oil line broke a few months back I re-plumbed it using Earl's
teflon stainless-braided line. I put an AN-3 adapter at the engine block,
then used a right-angle hose end to go up and over the valve cover. I made a
bulkhead fitting by drilling and threading a short 1/2" bolt 1/8 NPT from
both sides. Just above the steering column (below the Ware strut attachment)
there's a 1" grommet. I removed it and bolted the bulkhead fitting in place
(using some washers to take up the extra room), then fitted a 1/8 pipe to
AN-3 adapter to the engine compartment side, and a 1/8 pipe to 1/8 tube
compression fitting to the inside. The compression fitting fits the existing
copper or nylon line. Under the dash there's little chance of vibration,
chafing, heat etc. damaging the line.

Regards,
Theo