Re: hood chrome

To: Pasanville@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hood chrome
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:26:03 EST
Pete,
    My LAT-70 hood came from Gordon Gimble's Cobra Performance in about 1980.
 That hood used an expanded aluminum gridwork for a screen...the same stuff
that is used for plaster wall repairs.  From what I understand, it has been
determined the scoop is in the wrong place, and the NACA ducts will work much
better if you block the air entry to the scoop.  It has been suggested that
as the engine compartment pressurizes, and the scoop becomes an exit vent.
Jim Leach,  PTC  Seattle