Paint

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>, <TexasTigers@onelist.com>,
Subject: Paint
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 09:53:16 -0700
Hi Listers,
    Well my car was painted yesterday and the color
was dead on for the original. Wasn't sure at first but
now that it is done there is no question the formula
was right. My car is #106 Commodore Blue. Know one
had a cross reference to the numbers so I called
Duponts 800 number that the shop gave me and
they were very helpful. They faxed me a formula
for Centari paint.  The shop painted a piece of scrap
metal and we used that to compare to the painted
surface behind the interior door panel and a few other
areas on the car that were in good condition. Although it
looked perfect in our comparisons you're never quite
sure until you paint the car. I should have known it would
be a perfect match, my 8 year old son told me it was.
Thank heaven for our children. At least they have good eyes.
Taking lots of photos, as soon as I learn how to build a web
site I'll post them.

Dan Eiland