Re: Aluminum heads

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Aluminum heads
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:58:00 +0000
Mike,

You are correct about compression ratio, however these heads were designed for
the
lager displacement (swept volume) motors that also have smaller piston
compression
height and deck height clearance. This would give you back your CR, and then
some.  I do not think milling is going to do you any good.  You just can't
remove
enough metal from the head to influence chamber volume by much.

 Most of the heads I know about, including the ones you mention, are OK on the
intake manifold match, but I don't know about headers.  They are probably OK, as
they are meant to fit the stock exhaust manifold, except for some special racing
heads.

Some of the Ford MotorSport crate motors come with GT-40 Aluminum heads, but
here,
as with the others, you still have that firewall clearance.  This is compounded
by
aggressive roller rockers.  I believe they will fit under the Cast TIGER covers,
with clearance holes drilled in the steel internal baffles just above the center
stud nut for clearance, but with a thicker gasket.  Still would like to hear
from
those that have put aluminum heads on their engines, and what the firewall
clearance issue really is.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/