Grommet for fuel Line

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>, <TexasTigers@onelist.com>,
Subject: Grommet for fuel Line
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:02:19 -0700
Hi Listers,

    Was talking to Steve who suggested I share this with the list. I had to
pull my fuel tanks last year and have them cleaned and resealed. In putting
it all back together I started looking to replace the body grommet where the
nipple from the crossover pipe exits the trunk. No one had this part. I was
at one of the local Chevy dealers getting a part for one of my trucks and
showed the original to them. The parts guy took it in the back and brought
back a grommet that I installed on my car and it works fine. It's much
heavier than the original which makes for a snug fit, but it works well. It
almost broke me; thought I was going to have to file bankruptcy. A whopping
71 cents. If interested, it is PART NUMBER 10198941. Description reads
"Grommet-C D019" .
Hope this helps someone.

Dan Eiland
Tigers Back from the Paint Shop