Re: Brake Fluid

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: BOBCARNUT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:16:53 EST
For whatever it's worth (probably not much) when I re-did our tiger last year
I installed all new brake & clutch cylinder kits with those available from
Sunbeam Specialties. These are the correct made in GB parts. I didn't
pre-soak them in any fluid other than to lubricate them with the silicone
fluid I was using to fill the system. I have had zero leaks or problems with
any part of the clutch or brake system, even including the restored, correct
power brake booster. This is consistent with the results I have had using
silicone brake fluid in the Mustang we sold to be able to buy our Tiger. The
Mustang had the same fluid in it for at least 15 years, and needed ZERO brake
work during that time. I also used silicone fluid on 2 street rods I built
and drove with the same results.......no problems ever! I obviously highly
recommend it!

        Bob Lerch
        B382001828LRXFE