Re: Windscreen

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:58:36 -0500
At 07:39 AM 2/25/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Listers,
>
>    Wonder if anyone has had this happen to them before?
>
>I have a laminated windscreen that I picked up some time back in a trade.
>It's new still in the box. Got it out yesterday to install it it and noticed
>some odd looking starbursts in the upper corners. Kind of looks like those
>sun faces you see all over the southwest hanging on peoples homes. I'd say
>the lamination came apart, has air between the the screens. Has anyone ever
>had this happen before, and what do I do to fix it? Thought about just
>buying a new screen. Who has the better windscreens?

>Dan Eiland
        Replaced my windshield over 20 years ago due to a  rock
from a dump truck.  The replacement glass was clear, not light
green like the original Tiger II glass. It also has more optical
distortion at the curved sides than the original.  In the last few years
there have been bubbles form near the center of the windshield, not
at the edges.  I see no way to repair bubbles in the center unless one
drills through the glass to the plastic and then fills with the
goop used to repair glass dings.  I don't think this would be a good idea.
The repair could cause problems later on.  No "starbursts" noticed.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others