Turn Signal Lenses

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn Signal Lenses
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:10:41 -0500
I've had a set of Amber rear turn signal lenses for a decade or more, so
I decided it might be about time to put them on.  Wouldn't want to rush
or anything.

These are inside screw lenses, so a screw must be threaded into the
holes in the bosses.  These taper a bit, the holes measuring around
0.128 (#30) at the top, and around 0.120 (#31) at the bottom.

Heeding Al Johnson's warning about cracking the bosses, I decided to
find a screw that would barely fit into the holes.  A 6-32 looked close,
and it measures about 0.135 peak to peak on the threads.

My tap set says to drill 0.106 (#36) for a 6-32 tap, so it appeared that
the tap would make some shallow threads, probably without much stress.

It worked as predicted, and the screws seem to have a good enough
foothold in the plastic.

Stu Brennan