Charging and Cool!

To: Joseph.Rodriguez2@PSS.Boeing.com, alpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: Charging and Cool!
From: "Tim Beloney" <65_s5v6@prontomail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:49:49 -0800
It's charging:
Thanks to everyone who helped out from the Alpine list, my car seems
to be charging now.  I temporarily connected a piece of twist tie
wire between two plugs (yes i will do it right!) connecting the D+ on
the alt. to the dash, then from the B+ to the ammeter to the
battery.  Fired up the car (after a lot of charging from the Subaru),
the ignitio light even worked, then the ammeter CAME TO LIFE!  I'm
not sure what it should read since nothing else is connected, but it
was just above zero at idle and just under 15 at around 2500 or so
RPM (that is probably off too).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It's cool:
Mostly the Tiger list helped me on this with all their cooling
experience.  After putting in the "dimpled" radiator the car seemed
to be running much cooler, but the temp guage still showed at 212F
max.  I got a kitchen thermometer, stuck it in the radiator, and it
didn't quite hit 195 - even after idling for a while (I had a box fan
in front of the radiator).  According to some learned people that
temp should go down significantly while the car is moving and when
the engine is broken in.  It might be TOO cool!  Joe, I'm going to
hold off on the shroud for now.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Still lots to figure out, but this is a major hurdle cleared,

Tim