Re: Gearbox info

To: derekw@zamnet.zm
Subject: Re: Gearbox info
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 14:15:12 -0500
At 05:43 PM 3/3/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Could someone tell me the length of the Tiger Mk.2 aluminium bellhousing
>(block to gearbox) and also the length of the standard toploader gearbox.
>Derek White
Derek,
        My Tiger Mark II aluminum bell housing is 6 1/4" deep.
The block plate that is 70/1000" thick.
The transmission is 25 5/8" from front surface to rear surface of casting.
The shaft extends another inch out the back.
The center line of the transmission mounting holes are 13 1/2" from
the front of the transmission casting.
The Tiger II bell housing only has one set of transmission
mounting holes.  These are for the "wide eared" transmission.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others