Re: NOS Parts and Harrington Le Mans in Olympia Wa.

To: alpines@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOS Parts and Harrington Le Mans in Olympia Wa.
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:56:20 EST
Rob's description is spot-on:
    This collection is the well-picked-thru remains of a Foreign car repair
shop from the 1970's.  If anyone has a use for misc. 30+ year NOS foreign car
parts, there is a ton.  There are very few new Rootes parts in this
collection, except for some Mk Minx pieces, but I'm sure someone out there
collects Renault Caravelle clutch disks and English Ford Zepher lower
radiator hoses.
    As Rob said, neither Sunbeam has a drivetrain, and the race car does not
have a front suspension, which makes it a wheelbarrow with enormous Porsche
Turbo-Carrera flairs.  It is a series 5 and it was built is 1977: it was not
very competetive then.
    The Harrington was purchased from Stony Barnes in California, after Stony
tried to unload it for years.  It is missing many LeMans-specific items aside
from the powerplant, including the door panels.  It is a perfect shell to
build a Vintage racer.
    There are many greasy engine blocks of unknown condition, and a plethera
of used parts...mostly Sunbeam.  Each time I have seen this lot, I have seen
no Tiger-specific items at all.
    The MG Magnette is interesting: most suffer from terminal rust, but this
car WAS in good condition when purchased.  It appears to be restorable (after
$$$$$$).
In short, this collection unfortunately is not "the motherlode" to me.  There
is genuine value here, but there would be a lot of work to realize it.
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle