Re: Re: Slave Cylinder

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Slave Cylinder
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:19:37 -0700
Bob and Steve,

OK, I owe a public apology to Bob for giving him a hard time (nit picking).
Apology submitted (flame shields scorched).

When I was in school, the standard notation for describing aspects of a
circle/cylinder used radius, where:
circumference = 2 x Pi x radius
Area = Pi x radius^2
The volume of a cylinder = Area x height = (Pi x radius^2) x height

Obviously,  the radius is (diameter/2) and radius^2 = (diameter^2/4)
I prefer to keep things in fundamental units and use as few as possible
(including constants).
Both will get the correct answer. Just my way of applying the KISS
principal.

Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA