inquiry 031600c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 031600c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:17:10 -0600
Larry Paulick wrote:
>Jonathan, you might look at a custom exhaust, even
>in SS.  The SS exhaust available are in the 1 3/4" to
>1 7/8" diameter, and if you have a strong engine, you
>need a larger exhaust, or you will choke the engine
>at the exhaust.

        Jonathan, I'm currently living with the situation Larry P describes.
My Ford Motorsports 302 is hooked to CAT headers, then a stock-diameter
stainless system from SS Systems. It not only sounds corked up, it does not
seem to rev freely. OTOH, these are subjective evaluations.
        I'm shortly to be copying the system Larry is suggesting, and I'll
be able to report on the difference. I have no doubt that the
original-diameter system is just fine -- for a stock 260. I bought the SS
set-up primarily because I'm crazy for stainless _anything_. The old system
will make a dandy garden sculpture. :^)

Lawrence R. Wright
("Babushka" also means old woman or grandmother. Oh, never mind.)