Re: steering wheel replacement

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering wheel replacement
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:18:31 EST
Tim,
    You need a special steering wheel center to use the LaCarra wheel: the
stock steering wheel is one piece.  Depending on the center you use, you may
have interference between the horn button and the steering column center
adjustment locking rod.  If this is the case, you can pull the rod outward as
far as possible, engaging the locking tabs, and spin a die onto it: cut about
5/8" of extra threads and before you remove the die from the rod, cut the rod
no more than 1/2" shorter.  Be sure to clean the burrs of the end.  I offer
this as one of my modifications on my Tiger Steering Column rebuilds.
Jim Leach,  PTC  Seattle