Replacing points with optical

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing points with optical
From: derekw@zamnet.zm (Derek White)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:49:03 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi all,

If some of you are considering replacing your points, I have had very good
results with the Crane Cams/Allison optical unit. It is very easy to fit
into any distributor and give accurate timing for many years. The one on my
GT6 has been working well for 10 years and on my Pajero (Montero) here for 6
years despite serious water, mud, vibration etc..

They are $84 from Summit Racing and have a lifetime warrantee. It will work
with dual point distributors and is also compatible with the MSD units.

cheers, derek

At 10:09 PM 3/21/00 +1100, Wally Menke wrote:

>>Harry,
>>
>>Good info.  For your own information, the Pertronics ignition system (which is
>>really a points replacement device), fits easily into our stock
>distributors, does
>>not adversely affect the tach, and dwell doesn't change with time.  Well worth
>>while.  Electronic spark intensifiers, like the high energy systems, are
>designed
>>for the newer Tachs and do cause curable issues with the Tach, but these are
>>additions to the Pertronics system.
>>
>>Steve
>>
>Does antone know if the Pertronics gizmo fits into a Mallory twin point
>distributor?
>

>Cheers
>Wally Menke

Derek White