Radiator hose equivalents????

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator hose equivalents????
From: Mario E Jorquera <suntiger8@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:15:45 +0000
Well, the water pump exchange went off without any hitches (OK, actually
just a few!).  Thanks to all who offered advice.  The old shiny aluminum
water pump looks just like the new one, it's just that it is polished.
Very strange.  Unfortunately, it is not salvageable, since the large
outlet pipe seems to be partially eaten away.

Removing the radiator is definitely the way to go.  It's a chore, but
offers up all kinds of room to work.  I even invented a way to put the
radiator back in without damaging it.  I simply put a piece of cardboard
in front of the fan blade, and the radiator slid in without any damage to
the fins.

My good luck could not hold out forever, though.  The hoses need to be
replaced.  I found an upper radiator hose that fits based in the
recommendations in TE/AE's Sunbeam Survivor.  Unfortunately, nobody seems
to have the other two hoses...overflow and lower.  The "Survivor"
recommends the following:

Upper:  Dayco 70627, 71015 or CH666.
Overflow tank:  Dayco 70531
Lower:  Gates 21034

Do any of you know of other replacement hoses that will fit the overflow
and lower radiator locations?  Any hints will be richly rewarded!

Regards,

Mario
B9471239
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.