Re: Trick Flow vs. Edelbrock Heads

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Trick Flow vs. Edelbrock Heads
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:37:31 -0500
Caution on the Trick Flows. They make the most HP for a street head, but the
twisted
wedge design is said to screw up the valve train geometry and result in problems
w/valve guides, noise, & premature wear. Go w/Edelbrocks--best quality. You
want the
small valves (1.9 & 1.6) so you won't have to notch your pistons. The 2.02s are
too
big, and give HP while taking away low-end torque. And torque is the "funnest"
thing
about a Tiger. It will appear once you ditch the 288 rear end gears.
Also, aluminum heads allow more compession w/o knock. Something about the
properties
of the metal.
UPS says mine will be here next Tuesday. Also, I was advised to use graphite
gaskets
w/aluminum heads.
Edelbrock has a web site where you can sign up for a free catalog. Good one,
too.
Al J.