Re: disk brakes and cleaner

To: Derek White <derekw@zamnet.zm>
Subject: Re: disk brakes and cleaner
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:38:49 -0500
Bob, Chris, Derek, and All.  I have the Fiat caliber's on the rear also.
 When I was a Carlyle, an East coast car event, I talked to several Fiat
guys who have rebuilt the caliber's, and they all said if is difficult,
because of springs inside the caliber's.  They described it a needing
two hands and a elf to do the job.  It can be done.

I took the easy way out and purchased rebuilt caliber's.

The rotors for the rear are Audi Quarto 100 rotors, but look inside of
the rotors, and if there is a ridge, return them and get a set made by
another manufacturer, or you will have to have the ridge machined so
that the rotors fit on the Tiger hubs.

I am going to try to fabricate a parking brake using the Fiat 124 cable,
a lever from the hand brake to the center of the car and then connect to
the Fiat hand brake cable.  If it works, I will let you know.  You can
buy a cable from Lokar for $100 that can be fit to the Tiger, as it has
2 separate brake line.

If anyone has done this before, I could use the help, on the brake cable.

Strange thing happened on one of the rebuilt Fiat caliber's. It kept
leaking at the breed screw, and even though I tightened it as much as I
dared, it still leaked.  The problem was someone had installed the wrong
bleeder screw.

Moral, Never assume someone did it right.  BTW, assume is sometimes
spelled,
ASS U ME.

Larry