inquiry 041200b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 041200b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 06:52:55 -0500
Daniel wrote:
>    I'm putting my car back together after having it
>painted and I'm having a minor problem getting my
>air filter housing to fit properly.

        Those pics were a great idea, BTW. OK, why wouldn't it work to
merely start stacking in additional fibre gaskets betwixt air cleaner
housing and carb, one at a time, until you have clearance? And OF COURSE
follow Steve's recommendation on checking _hood_ clearance too, with the
aluminum foil (or modeling clay) method.
        I guess you'll need to Permatex the filter element in place to
prevent leaks -- hey, enough "meat" in the filter element's rubber part to
permit chopping away part of that for clearance?
        Cool paintwork on the air cleaner housing, BTW.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333