Obsolete Radar Detectors

To: "Tiger List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Obsolete Radar Detectors
From: "Patrick Lauber" <lauber@tusco.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:24:27 -0400
Yes, they do make radar detectors that claim to cover laser,
but the instant-on nature of laser detection makes it tough
to beat. Older X and K bands seemed to need a longer "dwell"
time, giving your detector more time to detect and warn.

I have had multi-band detectors (Escort & Whistler) for the
past couple of years, but seldom hear the blip indicating a
laser gun. If I do hear it, it's too late if the guy is
pointing at me! I seem to recall several positive comments
from the list about the Valentine One, though.