Re: t-5

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: t-5
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:31:18 -0700
At 12:11 PM 5/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>i was reading on the amc list and they said that tremec was making a t-5 for
>the concord! is this true or a rumor. it would be nice for a bolt in 5
>speed.
>Chris in hawaii
>
>p.s. the short was the original fuel pump wire (not used) caught in a bolt.
Tremec is manufacturing all of the older Borg-Warner transmissions (T-5,
T-56, etc.) in it's new plant in Mexico as well as their own 5 speed
designs.  They bought that portion of BW's operation a year or so ago.  I
understand from the BW factory (Indiana) that the tooling for the
production of mid shift T-5 tailhousing castings had been modified and was
no longer available for reproduction.  If they (Tremec) are making more,
someone paid for the reconstruction of this tooling. I'd believe it when I
saw it.

Tom