Gauges Rebuild, car show, gone in 60....

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauges Rebuild, car show, gone in 60....
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 16:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
I am rebuilding my guages.  Apparently the black hard
crud around the edge of the guages was once rubber
o-rings. Are these available from one of the Sunbeam
suppliers?  Does each gauge take 3 - one between gauge
and glass, one between chrome bezel and glass, and one
between gauge and dash???  PLease respond to me
directly as well as the list.  My digest has never
been the same since last week and I only seem to get
one every couple of days.

Also,  British Car Day at Chateau Elan in Metro
Atlanta had 11 Sunbeams and 1 Singer turn out in
suport of the Rootesmobiles.  This event was for those
of us who couldn't make it to the BASH (and about 480
other British cars that were not invited to the BASH)
After seeing all the choices, I think I want an Aston
Martin DB2 - looks like a Harrington Alpine.

And on a final note, apparently they are remaking
"Gone in Sixty Seconds"  It is for Ford Mustangs what
"The Italian Job" is for Mini's.  I saw the trailer,
no apparent Sunbeam's, I don't remeber any in the
Original either - what a shame....

Chris

http://invites.yahoo.com/