Re: cooling continued.

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cooling continued.
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 06:39:42 -0700
Chris,

The fully advanced timing is the most important parameter. If you have a
strictly mechanical advance distributor, it probably has about 20 degrees
total of advance. You should put lighter springs in it at some point so as
to get your full advance by about 2,500 rpm. But, for now, run the revs up
until it's fully advanced and set the timing to 34 +/-2 degrees; then see
where it is at at idle. Should be around 14. I'm pretty sure from what
you've said so far that the problem isn't the timing. What was the air
temperature when you were running at 210F on the highway?

Bob