Paint Code

To: "'nlkin@worldnet.att.net'" <nlkin@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Paint Code
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:52:59 -0500
Nick,
If you are trying to match Commodore Blue unfortunately I have not been able
to build or find a crossover list in North America as Sikkens only "arrived"
here in 1978 in 1 shop in Canada and was officially distributed in 1984 when
we opened distribution. I do not have any contacts in England either but I
do have a couple of excellent options.

1 We have a product called a photospectrometer that's is more sophisticated
than our competitors. Instead of retrieving an existing color ours will
create a formula on the spot by reading the actual panel. Of course it is
only possible if there is an original sample somewhere that can be sampled.
It is non destructive and virtually foolproof on solid (non-metallic)
colors. They are very expensive as we use them to create colors at the port
of entry for cars being imported but there are a few around the country.

2 We have a color map that is a paint chip chart that is very accurate and
you can lay it out on the panel you are trying to match. Almost every rep
has one of these in the trunk of his car and it is very likely that there
will be someone close.

Let me know where you are and I will try to put you in touch with someone
who can help
Best regards,
Tim Ronak
Or call me at 403-932-4371

PS: Commodore Blue is my favourite color for a Tiger and I have a beautiful
wallpaper of someone's car in California on my PC if you want it.