Fuel Tank

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Tank
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 20:53:57 -0400
Folks,
        Finally got the Fuel Safe Tank installed.
Also Fuel Safe sent me the paperwork and a label
for the Tank confirming FIA approval and a 10 year
warrenty.  (After I called and asked for it.)
        Took a mess of pictures of the installation.
 Will get them developed soon.
        Only irritation is the fuel sender.  The sender is
electronic and adjustable. With a full tank, (20.22 Gallons),
the reading is not stable on turns.  A hard turn will
cause the fuel gauge to swing all the way to empty and then
it takes a few minutes of level driving to indicate
full again.  I first assumed that there was a lot of
air in the tank and the sending rod was comming uncovered.
I got some bubbles out the vent when I first attempted to fill the
tank, but the physical size of the tank and the 20.22
gallons of fuel match the volume.  Have no idea how the
sender works.  Too dark right now to see the brand name.
There is a rod that extends into the fuel from the
electronic part of the sender.  The gauge is an Auto Meter
International with Fuel Safe Label.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others