Water Wetter

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Wetter
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:31:10 -0700
Chris V. wrote:

i saw a water wetter at the parts store that i frequent more and more. have
any of you tried this stuff? i advertises a 20 degree drop. that would be
good! let me know.
thanks
chris in hawaii

Chris,

When I first bought my Tiger it tended to run a little hotter than I would
have liked. (210-215)  I bought some of this Water Wetter to see if it
would lower the operating temp. After adding it to my cooling system per
manufacturers instructions, I noticed absolutely no change in operating
temperature whatsoever. Other people may have had successful results with
it, I did not.

I grew tired of the hot running 260 and replaced it with a GT-40 302 crate
with aluminum heads. I used the same exact cooling system from the 260 on
the 302, thermostat (180), radiator (4 core copper bronze), water pump, fan
(6 blade flex), fan shroud, oil cooler, and pusher fan. The 302 runs
180-185 all day long. After tear-down of the 260 I found the cylinders
bored .030 over. I feel that the over-bore was the cause of my 260 over
heating. Looking back on the whole situation though, I'd expect to see at
least some small change in operating temperature using that snake oil, I
mean Water Wetter, regardless of the cylinder condition.

If you are considering buying some, here's a thought, Just throw the $20.00
dollar bill on the garage floor instead. It will be a lot easier to pick up
and spend when its not in liquid form.

Hawaii isn't that big, perhaps a real long hose isn't out of the question!
  Just Kidding

Good luck
MS