Re: Powder Coating

To: Bill Gullatt <bgullatt@mesahq.com>,
Subject: Re: Powder Coating
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 07:25:03 -0700
Bill,

The insulating effect of the paint is totally negligible. They paint
radiators black too, BTW. If, however, bead blasting is done prior to
coating, then you will need to be very, very thorough in cleaning all the
media out of the block. Mask off any internal surfaces before bead blasting
to keep the media from imbedding itself in the surfaces.

Good luck,

Bob