Re: inquiry 060900d

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 060900d
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:21:00 -0400
Larry, Theo Smit sent me a elec. diagram for the Flash-To-Pass for the
turn signal switch, using two relays and rewiring for the lights.

Theo did an amazing job of outlining the relays for both the regular
function of the headlight function on high and low beam, as well as the
Flash-To-Pass function using the turn signal switch.

It even allows the low beam headlights to be on, and then switch to the
high beam when the switch is activated, while turning off the low beam,
and using the high beam.  Just like factory switches on many European cars.

Really neat job Theo.

BTW, fellow Tiger owner Harry Elam has a stock MKIa, that has the
Flash-To-Pass as part of his original system.  He said that his car is
not a European Tiger, which I have heard had these switches for the headlights.

The parts list from Sunbeam list the turn signal switch as a flasher as
well.  I never saw this on any other Tigers, but my exposure is limited.

Larry