Re: Carb Question

To: randya@pacbell.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:36:18 EDT
Randy,
    Many years ago I ran a 465 Holley on my Tiger and the performance was
reduced significantly from the 600cfm it replaced.  I installed just prior to
a trip from Seattle to Los Angles (and back) via Tiger's United in Grant's
Pass, Oregon.  I drove from the event in GP to relatives east of LA in just
over 10 hours: average ground speed including stops for fuel was 105,
temperature was in the 90s.  I kept the engine at an rpm at the point "just
before" the secondaries opened, and averaged 26.7 for mileage.  As I said,
this was many years ago, but it is true.  A few years before on the same trip
my Alpine acheived 36.7 mpg, but that was at a constant 60 mph (due to the
Arab oil embargo).  This was also before oxygenates, esters, ethers, MTBE and
other "improvements" were made to gasoline.  HA.
Jim Leach   PTC  Seattle