Holley Fuel Pump Installation & Whistling Carburetor

To: "Tiger submission (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Holley Fuel Pump Installation & Whistling Carburetor
From: Harry Elam <hbelam@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 06:20:05 -0400
Tym McDowell,  -  Holley Fuel Pump Installation
        I mounted mine in the original position, in the old battery box door.
I used stock
exhaust mounting rubbers for sound isolation with an emergency strap, just in
case the
rubber fails.  For additional sound and vibration isolation, I used rubber fuel
hose for the
connection to the pump vice metal tubing.  Also, I mounted the regulator with
the pump
but put a pressure gauge under the hood in case I was losing pressure in
transition.

        Sorry I don't have a digital camera or I would send you a picture.
I'll see if I can
borrow one in the next week or so.  Or, if you are near the DC area, let me
know. I love
to show off and talk Tigers.

Steve,  -  Whistling Carburetor
        This happened to me on a previous Holley (1850 I think).  It turned out
to be the
butterfly shaft for the primarys had worn and air was being sucked in at high
vacuum times,
like idling.  I replaced the carburetor.

Harry Elam    B382000471