FW: Fuel & Heat

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Fuel & Heat
From: "Richard Flynn" <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:34:23 +0100
I am  experiencing the following problem w/my Tiger:

Temperature guage reads anywhere between 195F - 225F (only achieved with
slow speeds on hot days) and then the engine will begin conkin' out, as if
starved for fuel.  Additionally, when turning the key to "On" in this
condition, the fuel pump will prime for much longer than usual.  Could my
fuel be vaporising somewhere along its route?  My fuel line is copper tubing
and does run rather close to the exaust as it enters the engine bay and runs
up the front of the block.

This doesn't happen in cooler weather/when the car is running cooler.

(The temps mentioned above have been corrected for my particular Tiger's
Temperature guage innaccuacies.)

thanks in advance,

rick