July Engine temps

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: July Engine temps
From: "The Charltons" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 16:54:39 -0500
I've got only good things to say about the work my Tiger's PO did on the
cooling system.  A couple of days ago I spent some time in stop and go
traffic in Austin, TX, with temperature about 95° F.  The PO installed an
R-134 A/C system and we had it running the whole time.  When the temp gauge
needle finally covered the middle of the "2" in 200° I flipped on the
auxiliary fan.  Once we got moving again, the temp quickly dropped back to
around 170°, it's usual operating temp.  The PO said he calibrated the gauge
but since the thermostat is a 180° model and it runs at 170, I'm not sure
how close he got it.  At any rate, the Tiger didn't puke coolant and
continued to run great all day.

In the next couple of months we'll see how it does on some hot days.

Duncan
B9473116