License Plate Location

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: License Plate Location
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:17:35 -0700
I know this has come up a 1000 times and 1000 times folks have said there
was no "factory" location.  However note as Dick B. says:

>The license plate lights are designed to illuminate a
>registration number or plate on the rear of the boot.
>If the plate is mounted below the bumper the light assembly
>must be inverted, exposing the bulb sockets and all wiring
>on the "bottom" side.  This works OK, but IMO is more
>unsightly than the factory mounting.

Doesn't that sort of speak to the fact that the factory intended and
designed the set up for the plate to go on the boot?  Ever flip the lights?
You have to bend it to get them pointed at the plate - and as Dick points
out, it looks kind of stupid with those rubber covers and wires pointing
up.

I'm voting for the official factory position, i.e., "stock", is on the
boot.  But, I'm also voting that the US size plate looks better underneath,
while the UK long narrow plate looks better on the boot.

Jay