Re: [Re: Primer on Primers]

To: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Primer on Primers]
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 7 Aug 00 18:17:45 PDT
Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net> wrote:
"Ronak, TP (Timothy)" wrote:

> Tom,
> The purpose for most primers is to provide adhesion for the topcoat. The
> reason that we make a colored primer is to minimize the visibility of
> topcoat chipping when it inevitably occurs,
> Regards,
> Tim Ronak

Of course by "we", you mean your company's current practice.

It wasn't always like that. Many others had different criteria.  My Jag XK
120M, for example, had three layers of primer, each a different color.

Steve,

I have what was once a red Bugeye (now old english white) that had just about
every color they offered underneath the red. Leaf green, powder blue, white,
yellow. I saved a shaving, as it showed 6 distinct topcoat layers. I think
they used it in training class.

melusky