Tiger for Sale needing Alpine

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger for Sale needing Alpine
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:08:59 -0700
On the way back from a meeting, I stopped in "Marina Del Rey" to look at
the Tiger that is currently listed in the Recycler for $5,900, and claimed
to be running, with only 70,000 miles.  Yikes.  Or, should I say "Holy
Shit"  no, "Holey Shit" is more appropriate.  First, the guy is not in the
Marina, not even close - and it goes down hill from there.  This Tiger does
appear to be a real Tiger.  It does have the original valve covers, fan
shroud, water bottle, dash (though not all guages).  That's about it.
There is so much rust that I can't imagine it can be put back together
without an Alpine donor.  In fact, there was so much rust I think the car
is bending down just at the front line of the dash, with distinctly visible
curvature at the tops of the fenders right there.

This car did spend time in New Jersey.  If it really only had 70,000 miles,
then the owner did a very good job of packing it each year in some
snow/salt packing and letting it sit until spring.

There was one odd thing that I haven't seen before.  The battery box hole
did not seem to exist.  I'm not talking about the Alpine box, but the hole
in the rear deck where the fuel pump goes on a Tiger (and would be a box on
an Alpine).  No door top, no hole.  I didn't bother looking underneath to
see what might be there.

I of course had hoped to come back and tell everyone about this great find
of a running Tiger for $5,900.
Oh well.  So sad to see it.

Jay