RE: Clutch Help

To: "'derekw@zamnet.zm'" <derekw@zamnet.zm>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clutch Help
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:26:22 -0400
Derek

C3OE - 6380B is the engineering part number.
        That should be the original flywheel from the Tiger with 28.2 oz-in
unbalance.(unbalance is how the FORD Motorsport catalog describes it.)

FORD part numbers for 260 V8;

flywheel and starter ring 160 teeth  C4OZ-6375-A
                Starter ring 160 teeth  C2OZ-6384-A

Clutch disc             C3OZ-7550-A
Pressure plate  C2OZ-7563-D
        This series of parts continued to 1981 and the 302 engine, the part
numbers do get updated and superceded.  When I bought a clutch and pressure
plate the part numbers were C7ZZ.   Any FORD dealer should be able to refer
to these numbers.
         1981 and later, the unbalance changes to 50 oz-in.   I believe the
clutch and pressure plate will fit either flywheel, but I'm not sure.
        The clutch disc should be the 10.5" type.   I suggest you check out
the Centerforce product line.   Many Tiger owners are installing the
diaphragm pressure plate and the duel friction disc.  I will be looking at
Centerforce parts, when and if I need to replace the clutch on my Tiger.
Hope this helps
Ron Fraser