RE: A Tiger in Dubai?

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A Tiger in Dubai?
From: Russell Maddock <russell@pbirwin.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:25:40 +1000
More of a hunch than anything, but I think "GBM" might be the Isle of Man.

Russ Maddock

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:15:16 -0700
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Subject: A Tiger in Dubai?

Lo and behold, I hit the Dubai channel, (United Arab Emirates, audio in
Arabic) and there was a British Racing Green Tiger pulling out of a
driveway.  I just watched a ten minute segment (8:00 to 8:10pm, Aug 25,
Bombay time), dubbed in Arabic, about a classic Sunbeam Tiger owned by a
Marcus Steininger.  His car had a white oval sticker with the letters "GBM".
I don't know what country that is.  His tag number was M CN6018 (or it might
have been M CN6081 as I sometimes have lesdixia.)  It was a MkIA and the
wheels looked like minilites, although I didn't make a note of it at the
time.  The steering wheel, tach and distributor cap were not stock.  The
rest of the dash looked pretty original.  It had an original generator.  It
had Tiger cast aluminum valve covers and a cast aluminum Tiger air cleaner.
It was shown soft top up and down and with hard top.