RE: 5-bolt/6-bolt cast iron bellhousing--Part ##??

To: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Subject: RE: 5-bolt/6-bolt cast iron bellhousing--Part ##??
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 08:01:14 -0700
Ron,

At one time I actually had a dual 5-Bolt/6-Bolt housing. I presume it was a
Ford item, but I'm not certain. It was certainly not made of cast iron,
just cast aluminum. I tried searching the Web for an answer and my search
engine says there might be such a part in  the following parts swap forums.
I wasn't motivated enough to peruse them though.

Here are some places to look.

http://www.mm.com/swapmeet/others/fordpart.htm

http://www.hotrodsworldwide.com/ford.htm

John doesn't seem to be asking IF there's such a bell housing and he's
pretty specific about "ford truck cast iron", so I assume he has some
specific knowledge that such an item does exist - right John?

Bob