Re: My New Engine?

To: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Subject: Re: My New Engine?
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:40:26 -0400
Alan, I had State Farm for over 25 years, and they raised my rates on my
Mercedes SL500, claiming that it was a high performance car, that they
did not know about it, even though they had insured the car for 3 years.
 The rate increase was 30%, and I had no accidents or violations.

Long story short, I switched to GIECO and rates fell from what I had
before the increase, also added both cars, and house, and all dropped,
with same or better coverage.

Irony of situation, was that in the renewal letter, they said that they
were not going to charge me for the previous years. Thanks State Farm.

The insurance agent, was a nice guy, but of course he was making good
money on me, and I would be a nice guy for the same reason.

When I now call him, to ask him about other things, other than
insurance, he is not so nice now.  Wonder why.

Lesson, shop, as insurance is a business, and they change policies in a
company, even though you did not effect that policy change, but you pay
anyway.  This is true of any insurance company, for any type of
insurance.

I generally tend to keep the same service providers, and do no worry
about a few dollars, but when they do what they did, I let the free
market take its course.

Same thing with AT&T phone service.

Larry