Re: Seats

To: tym@mediaone.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seats
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:52:58 EDT
In a message dated 09/08/2000 2:16:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tym@mediaone.net writes:

<< Is there a more comfortable seat I can get for my Mk1A?
 I seem to remember hearing something about Fiero seats fitting.
 Are there others?  I was going to get one seat (driver) to use with a
 five-point harness.  But am considering two replacement seats.

I've been considering putting a more contemporary street/race seat in my
Tiger. The best option I've seen is the Corbeau "Clubman", which is a one
piece seat with slots for a five point application. These seats don't have
the "headrest" look which many others have, which, IMHO, works better in a
Tiger ( I REALLY don't like the look of a Tiger with huge backrests spilling
over the door line). They are also inexpensive. I haven't sat in one, so I
don't know if they are comfortable.
There are a number of race seat suppliers which are worth looking into, get a
copy of Victory Lane or the Wheel (SCCA) and you'll have plenty of food of
thought after looking at the adverts.
Mike